Tips for AC
1) Change your filter. The simplest and most effective way to keep your AC running smoothly is changing your filter once a month.
2) Keep your coils clean. The AC coils and fins on the outside of your unit need to be kept clean and clear of obstructions. Leaves and other debris sometimes accumulate around your unit.
3) Keep surrounding shrubbery trimmed. If you have planted shrubbery around your unit to hide it from view, be sure to leave adequate space around it for the unit to function without obstruction. A quick trim will do the trick.
4) Ensure your dryer vent is not angled toward your AC unit. Lint from your dryer exhaust can cause problems for your unit.
5) Adjust your thermostat. If you are away for large stretches of time every day, adjust your thermostat to a higher temperature for the time you are away.
6) Check your ductwork and seal open spaces. Make sure all your doors and windows are properly sealed to help keep your home cool.
7) Schedule an annual tune-up with an HVAC professional. A trained HVAC technician can detect most problems before they become major ones.